In accordance with the approved Declaration of Environmental Responsibility , Inter RAO carries out measures that aim to reduce the volume of water resources by introducing anhydrous technologies and systems for water reuse and recycling, the metering of water usage, the elimination of losses, and improvements to the quality of operation and repair of engineering networks as appropriate.
|12.364 billion m3||The gross amount of water used
(including water from circulating systems)
The Group’s power plants conduct measures each year to increase the share of industrial water reuse and reduce wastewater. Such activities include:
- Measures to rebuild and modernize cooling towers to increase the share of recycled water in the production process.
- The use of clean-contaminated sewage disposal pumps.
- The implementation of wastewater reusage plans and engagement methods.
- The application of correctional modes for cooling towers using scale inhibitors, taking into account the rejection of the use of loweffective reagents under current conditions.
- The Group’s heating network assets reduce water consumption by decreasing supplies to the heating network while reducing losses in the heating network.
Wastewater discharge volume
Wastewater and drainage water generated at Inter RAO facilities is discharged in strict accordance with Russian law on the basis of properly issued permits by the executive authorities that grant the right to use water bodies for wastewater and drainage water as well as standards for permissible discharges. The quality of wastewater is regulated by standards for the permissible discharge of pollutants and microorganisms into a water body, as agreed in the prescribed manner.
Total wastewater discharged in 2020 amounted to 3.773 billion m3, down by 13% compared with 2019, partly due to an increase in the share of recycled water supply. The share of standard-compliant clean water in the total volume of water disposal is at least 99.74%.
Total volume of wastewater discharged with a breakdown of the quality of wastewater, the receiving facility, and the treatment method
|Water disposal, min m3||2018||2019||2020||2020/2019|
|Wastewater disposal, including:||5 717||4 354||3 773||–13%|
|– Disposed to third-party companies||5||5||4||–11%|
|Disposed to surface water bodies, including:||5 712||4 349||3 769||–13%|
|– Standard-complant clean||5 672||4 313||3 759||–13%|
|– Treated to standard qualty||4||4||4||10%|
|– Insufficient treated||3||5||2||–61%|
|– Paluted untreated||33||26||3||–87%|
|Sate of standard-compliant clean water in total water disposal, %||99||99.2||99.74||0.6%|