Inter RAO employs the most advanced technologies to help improve environmental sustainability and conservation while enhancing its financial performance.
Key targets in the sphere of energy efficiency by 2020 are:
- Development of energy saving conservation and energy efficiency competencies and technologies
- Development of partnerships with manufacturers of energy-saving and energy efficient equipment, technologies and solutions;
- Development and manufacturing of state-of-the-art Smart Meters.
To meet these targets, Inter RAO employs, among other things, a system approach to management, fully in line with the world’s best practices. Inter RAO’s strategic and operational management, generation, transmission and distribution of heat and electricity are subject to certification, being assessed for their conformity to the requirements of International Energy Management System Standard (ISO 50001). Up to date 54 energy enterprises managed by Inter RAO have gone through such certification. Inter RAO’s efficiency in energy management is confirmed by the respective certificate.
Inter RAO's energy efficiency projects abound in innovation and follow international best practices. In addition to our in-house research and development activities, we partner with Russian and international industry leaders.
Inter RAO's 2015 Development Strategy relies on innovations as the primary growth driver.
Deployment of innovative technologies requires Inter RAO to focus on the following areas and targets:
- Increase efficiency of generation equipment
- Increase energy efficiency and energy saving in power generation and consumption
- Improve environmental sustainability of operations
- Extend use of renewable energy sources
- Develop innovative engineering solutions
Inter RAO's innovation strategy is focused on:
- Establishing strategic partnerships with world energy leaders to gain access to top international expertise and technology solutions
- Creating our own innovative products in partnership with leading Russian enterprises and R&D centers
Inter RAO has also established a Science and Technology Council (STC) to conduct expert reviews and provide recommendations on innovation.