In 2017, water withdrawal decreased by 2,248 m cu m., disposal of non-purified effluent and polluted wastewater from generating facilities decreased by 2.3 m cu. m.
The increasing share of reuse water and decreasing polluted wastewater disposal were attribute to following measures taken in 2017:
- Project on treatment and reuse of blowdown water for reverse water supply at the branch Severo-Zapadnaya CHPP with the use of current equipment;
- Modernization and reconstruction of cooling towers at Salavatskaya CHPP and Sterlitamakskaya CHPP of BGC LLC, CHPP-5 (TGC-11 JSC), Tomskaya TPP 2 (TG JSC);
- Collection of clean technical and storm wastewater from the site of Priufimskaya CHPP of BGC LLC for reuse (the project is on the completion stage);
- Modernization of the water treatment plant with introduction of the reverse osmosis plant and the heat network make-up scheme at Priufimskaya CHPP of BGC LLC;
- Completion of construction and commissioning of new waste treatment facilities for production oil effluents at Verkhnetagilskaya TPP;
- Implementation of the project on installation of tools for control over oil product content in water of cooling systems at branches of Yuzhnouralskaya TPP, Urengoyskaya TPP, Iriklinskaya TPP of Inter RAO – Electric Power Plants, as well as at Karmanovskaya TPP (BGC LLC).
Water bodies with difficult environmental conditions are protected with an increased focus. Namely, the project on reconstruction of water treatment schemes for chemical treatment of water and purification of industrial wastewater is implemented at Kostromskaya TPP. In 2017 the fishery research on impact assessment of operational wastes of the Gusinoozerskaya TPP branch on water biological environment of the Teli River and Lake Gusinoye was conducted at Gusinoozerskaya TPP located on the bank of Lake Gusinoye in the buffer ecological zone of the Baikal Natural Territory. In addition, station specialists monitor temperature conditions of the waste channel, quality of water withdrawn and released into the lake, on a regular basis.
Apart from the above-mentioned activities, companies of Inter RAO Group are making efforts to avoid risks of petroleum products spill at the facilities: the oil-filled equipment is replaced with oil-free one. In addition, the implementation of this measure reduces fire hazard and ensures smoother operation of the equipment.