Cooperation with authorities and public organizations in the regions of presence of subsidiaries remained one of the priorities of Inter RAO in 2020. The cooperation was based on the principles of openness, dialog, and partnership, as well as on cooperation agreements that set the general frameworks and principles for joint activities.
The cooperation is carried out in the following main areas:
- Implementation of a set of measures to improve the reliability of electricity and heat supply to consumers and prevent an increase in heat and electricity shortage.
- Implementation of measures to save energy and improve the energy efficiency of enterprises, budgetary institutions, and housing and municipal services by participating in consulting working groups of the regional authorities on energy and utilities, increasing the accessibility and efficiency of the regional energy infrastructure, organizing and conducting training sessions devoted to the basics of energy efficiency for employees and students at schools and universities.
- Initiatives focused on social and economic development of the regions, contributing to their industrial potential and increasing investment attractiveness, creating new jobs and providing conditions for increasing tax revenues to the regional budgets.
- Cooperation on the environmental issues and creating conditions for improving population living standards, including by participation in the regional coordination councils on environmental protection and rational nature management.
- Cooperation with the regional scientific and technological community, advanced training of employees based on regional universities, and personnel training.
- Working on tariff setting and reduction of receivables.
Every year, in several regions of its presence, the Inter RAO Group simultaneously implements network-based social projects adapted for the needs of a particular region, which allows the Group to obtain a notable social effect.
- Energy of Remembrance and Kindness
In 2020, Inter RAO companies were actively involved in preparing and holding the celebrations of the 75th anniversary of victory in the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945. War veterans, survivors of the Leningrad siege, labor front workers, and former concentration camp prisoners were provided with targeted financial aid, household appliances, food, and basic necessities purchased for them by the Group. In the regions of its presence, the Group implemented projects aimed at restoration of military burial places, memorial complexes and monuments to heroes of the war.
- Energy of Sport
The goal of the project is to support youth sports and promote a culture of sports and healthy lifestyle among young people. In 2020, the Group implemented 55 projects to build sports grounds, purchase sports equipment for sports facilities, provide assistance in organizing training processes at sports clubs, and purchase equipment for children’s and youth sports schools. The Group also provides targeted assistance to Paralympic athletes to facilitate their training and supply the athletes with necessary sports gear.
- Ray of Hope
The project focuses on providing assistance to children with disabilities and their families. As part of the project, Inter RAO allocated funds to purchase sports equipment for children with disabilities and those in poor health, purchase rehabilitation and medical equipment, train parents of disabled children in behavioral therapy techniques, and purchase food and household appliances. Several rehabilitation and art therapy programs were organized. In 2020, 21 projects were implemented.
- Light and Warmth for Children
The goal of the project is to provide assistance to orphans and children deprived of parental care through the purchase of essential goods, medicines, medical equipment, and sports equipment as well as inventories for children’s creative clubs. Assistance was provided to 21 institutions.
- The Brightest Christmas Tree
On the New Year’s Eve, employees of the Group companies organized and held festive online events for orphan children and children in difficult situations. Gifts were sent to 24 orphanages, boarding schools, and specialized medical institutions. In 2020, a major New Year’s online celebration was organized for children with severe diseases of the immune system; parents of children from various cities, towns, and federal units of Russia registered for the event.