The System for management of rights to the results of intellectual activities (RIA) is intended to create the conditions for sustainable innovative and technological development of the Group Companies, increase of their profitability and strengthening of their financial position, as well as for ensuring of competitiveness on the basis of the introduction into the economic turnover and commercial use of RIA. The main result of the intellectual property management in the Company is building a competitive portfolio of protected RIA, rights to which are owned by the Inter RAO Group Companies, for further using of those RIA in the own activities and commercialization.
In accordance with RIA Rights Management Guidelines No. ISh-P8-55 approved on August 25, 2017 by the instruction of the Government of the Russian Federation, the organization of systemic work to manage the RIA rights in the Company is ensured by the following tools:
- RIA Rights Management Program for 2019–2023 approved by the Board of Directors of PJSC Inter RAO;
- Intellectual Property Committee of PJSC Inter RAO;
- Policy and Methodology for RIA Rights Management in the Group;
- Site of the National Technology Transfer Association.
The performance of RIA rights management by the Inter RAO Group is evaluated on the basis of the following indicators:
- number of intellectual property items (results of intellectual activities) obtained in the reporting period;
- number of patent research conducted in the reporting period (not less than the number of RIA obtained in the reporting period);
- share of RIA with the exclusive rights recommended for using in the own activities/production of the number of RIA obtained in the reporting period.