Inter RAO is active in various segments of the international energy market outside Russia:
Inter RAO trades electricity on the Scandinavian Nord Pool market and in the Baltic States.
The following Inter RAO Group companies specialize in international trading:
RAO Nordic (Scandinavia/Nord Pool)
Inter RAO Lietuva (Baltic States)
Inter RAO operates a total of 4 255 MW of international generating capacity, including the following:
- 3 thermal power plants – 3.998 MW;
- 2 hydro power plants – 227 MW;
- 1 wind farm – 30 MW.
|Khrami HPP-1||Georgia||112.8 MW|
|Khrami HPP-2||Georgia||114.4 MW|
|Vydmantai Wind Park UAB||Lithuania||30 MW|
|Moldova TPP||Moldova||2 520 MW|
Electricity Transmission, Distribution and Sales
Inter RAO owns a distribution and retail company in Georgia — Telasi. The length of the transmission lines operated by this grid company exceeds 5 820 km.
|Asset||Location||Line length||Number of consumers|
|Telasi||Georgia||5 820 km||578 100|
Engineering and Supply of Equipment
International sales of power generation equipment and engineering services is a promising area of global business development and geographic expansion for Inter RAO Group. To develop this area, in 2011 we established Inter RAO - Export that also represents our Group as an agent promoting our innovative products and technologies in the global markets.
Our project portfolio covers a variety of arrangements (EPC/EPCM contracts, sales and installation of power generation equipment, and miscellaneous sales) and sectors of the electric power industry (several types of thermal generation, hydro and grid development).
Our portfolio as of early 2016:
- Approximately $2 billion worth of active contracts
- 1231 MW of new power generation facilities under construction or in design
- 1655 MW of power generation equipment to be shipped
Between 2009 and 2018, Inter RAO Group fulfilled 27 contracts for delivery of miscellaneous equipment to Cuba.
Latin America is currently the largest sales geography for Inter RAO — Export. We work on projects in Ecuador and Cuba, and have representative offices.
Priority areas of development:
- Expansion of sales geography with stronger presence in Latin America and penetration into new markets in Africa, South and Southeast Asia, and Middle East
- Development of stable strategic relationships with the leading energy utilities, government authorities and financial institutions in Russia and across the world
- Development of cooperation with the leading industrial machinery manufacturers working on innovative products and technologies for the electric power industry and electrical engineering, while helping them to reach their full export potential
- Participation in international alliances to facilitate the delivery of major energy projects in international markets
- Implementation and development of international best practices in project management
- Development of new business in line with Russia's energy strategy and the international business strategy of Inter RAO Group