Inter RAO is active in various segments of the international energy market outside Russia:
Inter RAO trades electricity on the Scandinavian Nord Pool market and in the Baltic States.
The following Inter RAO Group companies specialize in international trading:
RAO Nordic (Scandinavia/Nord Pool)
Inter RAO Lietuva (Baltic States)
Inter RAO operates a total of 4 255 MW of international generating capacity, including the following:
- 3 thermal power plants – 3.998 MW;
- 2 hydro power plants – 227 MW;
- 1 wind farm – 30 MW.
|Khrami HPP-1||Georgia||113 MW|
|Khrami HPP-2||Georgia||114 MW|
|Vydmantai Wind Park UAB||Lithuania||30 MW|
|Moldova TPP||Moldova||2 520 MW|
Electricity Transmission, Distribution and Sales
Inter RAO owns a distribution and retail company in Georgia — Telasi. The length of the transmission lines operated by this grid company exceeds 5 820 km.
|Asset||Location||Line length||Number of consumers|
|Telasi||Georgia||5 820 km||578 100|
Engineering and Supply of Equipment
One of the promising areas in the development of the international business of the Inter RAO Group and the expansion of its geographical footprint is the export of power-generating units and engineering services, including the construction, renovation and repair of power generating facilities. To facilitate the development in this area, in 2011, a specialized company Inter RAO Export was established. The company’s project portfolio is diversified both in terms of contract types (ЕРС/ЕРСМ contracts, supply and installation of power-generating units, one-off supplies), and in terms of sectors of the power generating industry, including various types of heat generation, hydraulic power engineering, network construction services, as well as renewable energy sources.
At present, the key region of presence of Inter RAO Export is South America. Projects are being implemented in such countries as Ecuador and Cuba, where the company has its official representative offices.
Priority areas of development:
- expand geographical footprint: strengthen the company’s positions in Latin American markets, enter new markets in Africa, South, East and South-East Asia, Middle East, and CIS
- build stable long-term relations with leading power-generating companies, government and financial institutions, both in Russia and abroad
- develop cooperation with the leaders of the Russian power-engineering complex and project institutions
- jointly with the Russian government agencies (Ministry of Industry and Trade, Ministry of Energy, Ministry of Economic Development, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, etc.), help realize export potential of Russian enterprises engaged in developing and manufacturing innovative products and technologies in the field of electric power engineering and electrical engineering technology
- participate in international alliances to implement major power-engineering projects in foreign markets
- introduce and develop world’s best practices in the project management field
- develop business in accordance with the power engineering strategy of Russia and the strategy of the Inter RAO Group in the domain of foreign economic activity.