Inter RAO employs the most advanced technologies to help improve environmental sustainability and conservation while enhancing its financial performance.
Key targets in the sphere of energy efficiency by 2020:
- Development of energy conservation and energy efficiency competencies and technologies
- Development of partnerships with manufacturers of energy-conserving and energy efficient equipment, technologies and solutions
- Development and manufacturing of state-of-the-art Smart Meters
To meet these targets, Inter RAO in cooperation with Rosatom State Corporation has established an Energy Efficiency Center, focused on the development and deployment of energy efficiency solutions. The products of the Energy Efficiency Center are used by Inter RAO and other Russian energy companies.
Inter RAO's energy efficiency projects abound in innovation and follow international best practices. In addition to our in-house research and development activities, we partner with Russian and international industry leaders.
Inter RAO's 2015 Development Strategy relies on innovations as the primary growth driver.
Deployment of innovative technologies requires Inter RAO to focus on the following areas and targets:
- Increase efficiency of generation equipment
- Increase energy efficiency and energy saving in power generation and consumption
- Improve environmental sustainability of operations
- Extend use of renewable energy sources
- Develop innovative engineering solutions
Inter RAO's innovation strategy is focused on:
- Establishing strategic partnerships with world energy leaders to gain access to top international expertise and technology solutions
- Creating our own innovative products in partnership with leading Russian enterprises and R&D centers
Inter RAO has also established a Science and Technology Council (STC) to conduct expert reviews and provide recommendations on innovation.